Current Open Positions
Bemidji Evangelical Covenant Church is a thriving intergenerational church averaging about 400 - 500 regular attendees and is a member of the Evangelical Covenant Church, USA. Based upon the authority of the Bible and the power of the Holy Spirit, the mission of the Bemidji Evangelical Covenant Church is to proclaim the gospel and provide a spiritual home where people belong to Jesus Christ, fellowship with God's people, grow in Him, and serve others throughout the world.
Located in the heart of Minnesota’s 10,000 lakes, we are 220 miles northwest of the Twin Cities. With a mission field throughout the area, the city of Bemidji is a growing regional hub that draws from 50,000 people who live and work around the area.
The full-time position of Director of Student Ministry will be responsible for the leading, organizing, recruiting, directing and evaluating the Middle School and High School Student Ministry, as well as supporting Family and Children’s Ministry as directed.
- Establish relationships with students along with providing interaction on church social media, and/or other means of communication, and through attending occasional events students are involved in.
- Connect with students’ families and maintain ministry communication with families through church social media, emails, and mailings.
- Develop working relationships with the NextGen Alignment Team and Student Ministry Development Team.
- Develop relationships with and empower adult small group leaders.
- Serve with the Bemidji Covenant team of pastors and staff to encourage the church family's growth in Christ.
- Oversee curriculum planning for all teaching areas in Student Ministry, including Sunday classes and
- Wednesday youth group (in conjunction with Student Ministry Development Team).
- Teach and/or oversee lessons taught throughout all Student Life programming.
- Provide mentoring, training, and feedback to adult volunteers.
- Develop and mentor student leaders.
- Plan and lead Student Ministry events.
- Oversee volunteers during events for Student Ministry.
- Recruit and maintain volunteers to assist in teaching, small groups, and events.
- Create and/or purchase curriculum for all Student Ministry programming.
- Create yearly budgets for Student Ministry, monthly/annual reports and manage financial records.
- Manage fundraising for special events.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required:
- Possesses a faith in Jesus Christ and the ability to share it with others.
- Align and agree with the tenents of the Covenant Denomination.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Student Ministry and 3-4 years of church-based Student Ministry experience or equivalent.
- Outgoing, eager and effective in connecting lost, broken people with God, in culturally relevant ways.
- Able to relate to students of all ages.
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Optional, but preferred: musical ability.