Council meeting January 21, 2013
The Council typically begins the new year with an extended planning retreat. This year we will be meeting Friday and Saturday, February 15 and 16. Please be in prayer for us during this time as we will be seeking to:
- Pursue the leading of the Lord for our church, His purpose, His mission for us.
- Begin the process of allocating resources, budgeting for 2013-2014.
- Continued study of church governance.
Those who call Bemidji Evangelical Covenant their church home are encouraged to participate in these processes by sharing any ideas for ministry in 2013-14 with the appropriate representative in the different ministry areas.
The Council also heard reports from the listed ministry areas and also:
- A presentation by the Adventurous Christian Brothers on plans for placement of a cross on the church campus.
- A report by the Leadership Team Task Force. The Chair of the Task Force is Terry Fisher, members Paula Milne, Barb Hall, Scott Nygaard, Dave Benedict and Ron Oldham.
A reminder – all Council meetings are held the third Monday of each month and attendance and input by any of the BECC family are very welcome.
Ron Oldham, Church Chair